Lymphatic Massage May Help
When you have a blockage, infection, or disease, this can hinder the lymphatic system’s ability to transport lymph fluid. Therefore, it may accumulate, resulting in swelling. That’s why you should consider draining the lymph through lymphatic massage, which can improve the function of your lymphatic system.
Lymphatic drainage massage has two main steps:
- Clearing, which involves releasing lymphatic fluid in your tissues
- Reabsorption, which involves moving the lymphatic fluid to your lymph nodes
Lymphatic massage can also be beneficial for other conditions, such as:
- Rheumatoid arthritis – causes joint pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Fibromyalgia – causes chronic pain in muscles and joints.
- Chronic venous insufficiency – when leg veins can’t effectively pump blood to the heart.
- Lipedema – when excess fat accumulates in the lower body, leading to blockage of the lymphatic pathway and eventually lymphedema.
Benefits of Lymphatic Massage
Lymphatic massage was first developed as a form of treatment for lymphedema, and now, it provides a wide range of benefits. Aside from improving circulation, other benefits include:
- Relieves pain
- Helps facilitate weight loss
- Improves skin tone and quality
- Prevents scar tissue formation
- Provides stress relief
- Reduces risk of infection
- Reduces swelling and fluid retention
- Speeds up healing from an illness or surgery
Consider trying a Lymphatic Drainage session today!!!
Please get in touch with me with any questions at 517-599-0225
73 Cavalier Blvd, Suite #111
Florence, KY 41042